How to Lose 10 Pounds Without Really Trying

19:45


I am fortunate to live in both exciting New York City and sunny Southern California. (Being bicoastal is really a joy!) But this walk can be done anywhere—in the city or on the countryside. It can even be done on atreadmill.
Here are a few of my guidelines:
1. Make it special. I like to shower before my walk, put on my favorite perfume, and a little makeup to make it an event. It is important to have things to look forward to during the day.
2. Dress for the occasion. Wear something inspirational and always dress for 10 to 20 degrees warmer than it actually is. And wear layers. If it’s less than 40 degrees, you’ll want to layer over what you are wearing. Whatever your choice of clothes, if you dress cute, then you will feel better.
3. Wear a Talisman. I like to wear something a loved one gave me so that I am reminded of my good fortune. Accessorizing for your walk also makes it more meaningful.
4. Bring a friend. I like to bring my dog or a good friend who I don’t see that often so we can catch up.
5. If outside bring your phone. It’s useful for emergencies, and you may find little treasures along the way to photograph.
6 . As you walk, repeat this mantra. “I’m so grateful, I’m so grateful” and ” I am so grateful for X.” Acknowledge your blessings over and over again. Focus on the positive aspects of your life and the miracles that have come your way.
7. Lastly, enjoy the scenery, clear your head, and BREATHE, deeply and often.
It is never a bad idea to do yoga or an inversion or even both when you return after your walk. But first and foremost, enjoy and do your gratitude walk daily. Get a jump on this walking plan now and you will be feeling great and losing weight by the time Labor Day comes. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments