Egg and Eggplant Sandwich

09:52

I was living in Boston when the food truck phenomenon really started to take off. With the help of a city-wide competition between trucks vying for parking spots at Government Center, the food truck scene went from "guys selling fried dough and sausages in front of subway entrances" to "chefs and grad students and farmers selling everything from schmancy ice cream sandwiches, Vietnamese noodle salads, or gussied-up grilled cheeses, to popovers and rosemary sea salt French fries." And it all seemed to happen overnight.

One of the earlier food trucks to appear specialized in overstuffed, seasonal vegetable-oriented pita sandwiches. It swiftly became a beloved lunch destination. They had (and, I believe, still have) one sandwich called the egg and eggplant sandwich that I always wanted to try, but for reasons too complex and dull to talk about here, I never wound up getting one. This sad dietary omission has been haunting me lately, so I decided to google “egg and eggplant sandwich” to see if the internet could help me come up with my own.

You Might Also Like

0 comments